5 Kapha lifestyle tips
Hooray! We’re in the thick of spring, or in Ayurveda we say, “It’s kapha season!” Kapha is the energy of lubrication and structure – and it’s elements are water and earth. In spring, kapha is the overarching energy in nature and therefore it governs us. We have to adjust according to nature since we are a small piece of nature.
For more information on kapha dosha and kapha season, I created an 18-page Kapha Seasonal Bloom which you can download right here. I know you’ll just love it.
Below are 5 Kapha Lifestyle Tips to staying balanced in spring:
1) Get moving and sweat. Releasing water through sweat is one of the ways we remove waste and stagnation. Sweating also increases our digestive fire which is responsible for digesting and assimilating our food.
2) Get rid of things. This is the perfect time of year to turn our closets upside-down and toss out what no longer inspires us. Kaphas are sticky by nature so while they want to hold on to things, it’s not balancing for them — it will make them feel heavier. Creating space and air in their physical dwelling will make them instantly happy and light.
3) Donate. For any kaphas having a hard time parting with “stuff” it might be easier to swallow when you know you’ll be giving it to someone else who will love it.
4) Forgive. Let go of any grudges or heavy emotions you are carrying around. They might not even be yours to carry! Heavy or negative emotions can accumulate and weigh you down both energetically and physically. Perform a ritual to say, “Thank you for the lessons, goodbye.” and release it.
5) Dress up! As we emerge from gray winter, spring enlivens us with color! Put away the sweats and toss on a pretty skirt, bright shoes or jewelry that makes you happy. Nature is already a step ahead of you with limey-colored new leaves, purple, pink and white flowers and tangerine sunsets!