Gobble Gobble! Lotus Turkey is here to remind you how to have a simply divine Ayurvedic Thanksgiving!
1. Morning exercise. Start the day with a little sweat to release toxins and stoke agni.
2. Write gratitude list. Super important! Write a list of 10 things you are grateful for. Then write 10 more.
3. Put on good music. Cause, yes!
4. Prepare a dish to share. Contribute to the feast, enjoy making it and put love in the food!
5. Have a glass of wine. Wine stokes agni and prepares for digestion. Yes in Ayurveda wine is actually used as medicine in some cases!
6. Bless the turkey. With sincerity say a little blessing (even if it’s to yourself), “Thank you turkey, for giving your life to me so that I can be nourished.”
7. Have potatoes with ghee. Potatoes (sweet ones are best!) are grounding ghee is awesomely nourishing.
8. Don’t over-stuff yourself. You know you’ll feel like crap so don’t do it. Eat to 1/3 capacity and leave room for the food and liquid to mix.
9. Help clean up. Don’t let the hostess do it by herself. Lend a hand to give back for all he/she has done for you.
10. Take a post-meal walk. Grab the crew and go for a leisurely walk around the block for fresh air.
11. Snuggle and cuddle. That’s what the end of Thanksgiving is all about. Cuddle with those you love (even if it’s your animals) and tell them why you love them so much.
*SMOOCH* Happy Thanksgiving!!!